Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

hi to all of you in oz from me in the uk

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' at netrider.net.au started by butch wilks, Aug 11, 2008.

1. hi you lot from the uk
    my name is butch wilks.
    i am 43
    and i own a 1800cc vw trike, made in germany by easy trike.
    i have rebuilt this trike into a show winner.
    i work off and on as a material technician at the uk`s only pressurised water reactor nuclear power station at sizewell B.
    and for work agencies when not at sizewell.
    hear some photos of me and the trike.
    i hope you will wecome me to you web site.

butch :twisted: :twisted:
    aV1WJWiS.

aV1WKfg0.

aV1WKudS.

gx2aZa0J.

2. welcome to the site from another pom (ex pat though) the trike looks awesome (not my cup of tea but the engineering and detail is phenomenal)

i am sure you will love the site, lots of good info and always good for a laugh

3. How could we NOT welcome a man who wears a jester's hat and rides a trike :LOL: ?????

4. +1. Anyone in a jester's hat should fit in well here.

Nice ride.

5. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sizewell_B

In your first pic you look like a mate of mine, apart from the hat, and you look somewhat happy, and you're not trying to headbutt people.
    And nice trike - anything out of the ordinary is great in my books.

6. Welcome to NR!
    :biker:
    Be aware that most things said on this board is taken in "jest" .. You'll fit in fine :p

7. Holy Christ. That's one complicated piece of impressive mechanics. You look like a crazy bastard with the jester's hat and horned helmet but you work at a nuclear plant. :shock: I love life's variety. Welcome and nice machine. :cool:

8. hi all
    and thank you for the big welcome.
    as you all like the trike hear a bit on it for you all.
    OK HEAR GO`S.

IT`S 2002 ,
    MY MUM HAD JUST DIED OF THE BIG C AND HAD TO GET A MORTGAGE TO DO UP THE HOUSE,
    AT THE END OF THAT I HAD A BIT LEFT OVER. (£15.000)

SO I STARTED LOOK FOR A NEW BIKE FOR FUN.
    AS I AM A FAT B******* ME (23 stone ) SO IT`S NOT GOING TO BE A SPORTS BIKE,
    I HAD A LOOK AT THE H-Ds AND THEY ALL LOOK THE SAME TO ME.
    BY MID 2002 I AM LOOKING AT THE TRIKES,
    MY GOD ,THEY WERE ALL ONE OFF THIS IS FANTASTIC,
    GOT TO GET ONE OF THERES.
    BUT WITH THE MSVA ON ITS WAY IN THAT YEAR,
    ITS NOT GOING TO BE ONE I BUILT.

SO I GET ONE FROM GERMANY,
    COMPLETE WITH TuV.
    IT`S A 1800CC EASY TRIKE (NOT A F****** BOOM AS SOME PEOPLE THINK ) IT`S ONE OF ONLY TWO IN SUFFOLK AND THE ONLY ONE OF HER TYPE IN THE UK - A CHOPPER EXCLUSIVE.
    SHE WAS THE LAST EASY TRIKE TO BE IMPORTED BEFORE THE UK DEALERS WENT BUST IN 2003.
    SO INSTEAD OF THE £15.000 TRIKE OF MY DREAMS, I GET A BOG STANDARD ONE, WITHOUT ALL MY LITTLE DOO-DAHS ON HER.
    (AND I GOT £3.500 BACK OFF THE DEALERS )

THE BACK END IS FROM A BUG AND WAS IMPORTED FROM VW IN MEXICO,
    THE FRONT WAS MADE`D IN GERMANY.
    AND SHE WAS PUT TOGIVER IN GERMANY AS A TRIKE AND WAS NEVER A VW BUG.
    IT HAS A 1800CC MEXICAN VW FLAT FOUR ENGINE.
    THE FRONT WHEEL IS A 200/60-16, BACK WHEEL OUT OFF A SPORTS BIKE AND THE TYRE IS GOING BACKWOODS.
    THE BACK WHEELS ARE OFF A LAMBORGHINI SPORTS CAR AND THE TYRES ARE 345/35-R15.
    SHE WEIGHS 660 KG AND IS 11ft-6in LONG AND 6ft-2in WIDE WITH A HEIGHT OF 4ft-6in BUT WITH THE FLAG POLES SHE IS 9ft-6in
    SHE HAS A 41L PETROL TANK GIVING ME 38 MPG.

WITHIN 5 MIN OF GETTING HEAR I WAS HANDING A SAW TO MY MATE MICK AND TELLING HIM TO CUT OFF THE HEAD LIGHTS.
    YOU JUST HAD TO SEE HIS FACE.
    ON TELLING ME TO F-OFF I HAD TO CUT THEM OFF.

AND SO IT STARTED.

I STRIP`D THE BLACK VW ENGINE DOWN AND REBUILT IT PUTTING ON NEW STAINLESS STEEL AND CHROME PARTS,NEW DISTRIBUTOR, A 75 AMP ALTERNATOR, NEW FAN AND HEAD SHROUDS TINS
    PLUS A RED COLOURED DRESS UP KIT.
    AND FITTED A U,S NOZ KIT.

I MADE UP AND FITTED NEW HEAD LIGHTS FROM 2 TO 4 , EX LONG MIRROR STEM AND NEW MIRRORS.
    A WALKING STICK HOLDER FOR MICK, 2X 6ft FLAG POLES, MUDFLAPS, STAINLESS STEEL BODY PANELS, ALL NUTS AND BOLTS TO STAINLESS STEEL AND NEW ONE OFF SEATS BY KIM AT KM UPHOLSTERY
    FITTED NEW RUNNING LIGHT, SWITCHES, A LIGHTER, FOG LIGHT, INDICATORS ON THE WINGS, STOP LIGHT BAR,19†AND 17†AIR HORN, LUGGAGE RACKS, CRASH PROTECTION FRAMES AND LUGGAGE.

I HAVE JUST FITTED 2 X 7†LCD TV WITH A 7.1 ss DVD/CD IN ONE FOR THE SIDE LUGGAGE
    AND A REAR PARKING CAMERA ON THE BACK OF THE TRIKE,
    I CALL THIS THE “TRIKE CAM†AS ONE OF THE LCD TV GOS UNDER THE BODY WORK WITH THE BACK UP AND YOU CAN SEE YOU LOOKING AT THE ENGINE ON THE TV.
    I HAVE PUT EXHAUST WRAP ON THE EXHAUST PIPES AND PANTING IT AND THE ENGINE IN VW MARS RED AND POLISHING UP THE CARB.
    ALL THIS WORK HAS BEEN ON OVER THE LAST 5 YEARS IT JUST GO`S ON AND ON.
    BUT I LOVE IT.

MY THANKS GO TO THE FOLLOWING FOR ALL THAIR HELP WITH THE TRIKE;
    MICK, DAVE, SCORCH, STEVE, BEAU, T AND R MOTORCYCLES, BIG BOYS TOYS,
    DALCO AND KIM AT KM UPHOLSTERY,
    “THANK GUYSâ€

BUTCH WILKS :twisted: :twisted:

gx2kTq89.

Pq1Y0xz9.

9. Hey there buddy from another UK resident!

Dale