Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Hi There

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by Tooley, Jul 28, 2008.

1. Hi Everyone,

Just thought I'd say a quick hello. Have been riding now for 2 and a half years and put 32,000km's on my first bike (FZ6s) around the Townsville area. Just bought my second bike (FZ1s) and loving it. Am reasonably new to riding in Melbourne (Not liking the Melbourne winter too much) and looking for some new and interesting rides.

Look forward to meeting some of you out on the roads.....

2. Welcome. One bit of advice about Melbourne winters.... they do not last too long, about twelve weeks, then we have the beautiful spring, lovely summer and spectacular Autumn.... enjoy, although Townsville seems like a pretty good place to be right now.
  3. Welcome Tooley

Garfield said:
    Yep. True. And then the next day we have them all again.
  4. Welcome Tooley.

My guess, a member of the Armed Services?

You'll soon get used to Melbourne's weather; in the same way you get used to a toothache, or a mother-in-law :LOL:.
  5. Good guess Hornet600.......

If anyone wants someone to go for a ride with on the weekends PM me..

6. Welcome Tooley

I was guessing the same as Hornet

you will get used to the Melbourne Winter eventually :LOL:

We went from Darwin to Melbourne and now Hobart because of the same job you have. since we were only in Melbourne for 14 months we classed Melbourne as our climatising session from Darwin to handling Hobart on the bikes.