Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Hi there

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' started by melbas, Nov 5, 2007.

1. Hey all

Making my first post on the forums, been reading them for a few weeks, this forum especially!

I had my L's previously but i was lazy and let them expire without doing my P's course. Not this time though, i've booked my pre-learner course next wednesday-thursday, and thursday arvo i'm doing the DKT to get my L's again.

This time i bought a bike, and have got most of my gear. I got a Kawasaki KZ250 LTD, my friend (also on his L's, he got a brand new GPX250) rode it back for me. Funny thing was on the 10 minute or so ride home it "died" like 10 times then wouldn't start for a few tries - didn't stall or anything just cut out. Eventually got it to my house. So i'm thinking "Crap.. i bought a dud".. so i give the guy i bought it from a call and tell him what happened and he says "Is the fuel tap turned to 'on'"... and we all look.. and no it was set firmly to the "off" position! All of us being novices could not work out why it rode really well then all of a sudden kept dieing! We had a good laugh and i was kind of embarrased haha. Set the fuel to "on" and it runs really nice, it actually sounds pretty decent for a 250. Can hear it over my friends gpx250 even when it's further away.

But yeah i should be riding by this thursday, any tips or hints? (I've read the stickies at the top of the board, very helpful) I live in campbelltown area :)

My bike for those interested - https://netrider.net.au/forums/garage.php?mode=view_vehicle&CID=1104

2. :grin: welcome Melbas
    it happens to all of us atleast ones. we learn from mistakes
    nice bike. at least you didnt run out of petrol. thats the first thing ive learned.
    hope to see you around.
  3. Welcome to the world of 2 wheels and the mad house of NR.
    As you have been lurking for a while you would have seen plenty of posts from us asking people to include their location or state at least in the profiles.
    It helps when you ask questions. :wink:
  4. Yeah for sure, i just rushed the profile creation bit must've missed that - all good now :)
  5. I like the bike, looks stylish.

I'd be calling it a standard, not a cruiser though.
  6. Well i've got 0 idea about bike names, i knew 2, sports and cruiser - and it sure doesn't look like a sports. I'll take standard though. lol
  7. Nice ol' bike, very shiny :grin: Welcome to NR Melbas. :)