Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Hi There

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by surfinbird, Feb 25, 2014.

1. Hi Guys,

I just got my Learner's licence and picked up a 2012 Suzuki GSX650F on Saturday. I picked her up second hand with 4600Km for $7500.00 and every dollar was well spent. Just so you know I have had no previous riding experience other than having my Dad scare the bollocks off me while riding pillion on his Kawasaki ZZR1200.

Within 30 mins of picking her up I was on my way From Blaxland in the Blue Mountains down to Moss Vale in the Southern Highlands. I went via the Northern Road, Narellan Road and Hume Highway. There were so many things that I was not anticipating about riding such as; the force of the wind against my chest, the effect of the wind coming of a bloody great truck, being jolted up as i went over an unexpected bump, paying so much attention to riding that I neglected to take the right road to start with (almost ended up in Mulgoa), how much more you can see on a bike when you don't have the bonnet, A-pillar and roof obstructing your view, how people who ride cruisers tend not to nod at me etc.

It was an awesome experience for my first ride. Sunday I went for a ride with my old man through Berrima and Exoda then back to Mossy. Eventually I rode back to The Blue Mountains. I have ridden to and from work yesterday and today and can't think of a better way to get around. I no longer own a car and this bike is my only means of transport.

I couldn't be happier with it. I now intend to take some skills courses just to get me riding smoother and more confidently.

Hopefully I'll learn a thing or two from you, my fellow motorcycle riders.

Safe riding,

2. Welcome to Netrider! Steep learning curve we are all on, but a very fun one as well!
  3. Welcome Surfinbird, nice area of the country for riding.
  4. you forgot to mention if your hot
  5. #5 Justin Stacks, Feb 26, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2014

You're asking a dude if he's hot??? :confused:

It must be Mardi Gras this weekend.

Surfinbird - Welcome to NR! Enjoy your stay.
  6. Sure Greg, he probably is. :cool:
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. you guys must be especially the cruiser guy