Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Hi there

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by selben101, Nov 13, 2013.

1. Hello from Sydney here. Just passed my pre-Ls last weekend and did the RKT yesterday morning, so all very exciting at the moment!

Looking at bike options now, but leaning towards the Honda CBR250 as a nice starting point... don't know if that will last beyond sitting on one, but were using their 125 for the pre-L, and it was comfortable enough.

Will no doubt be asking for all sorts of advice in the near future, so thanks in advance for your patience! (y)

2. Hey, and welcome to Netrider :) congrats on passing the pre-ls! Can't give you any advice on the bikes.. I'm a noob.
  3. Welcome to the madhouse.
    Good luck with the shopping.
  4. Hello and welcome, there are quite a few good learner bikes to choose from. Test ride some and buy one you like.
  5. Welcome !
  6. Welcome, if you can try to ride as many bikes as you can before deciding, all the LAMS Hondas are great bikes but nearly all manufacturers produce a LAMS model or three, main thing is that you feel comfortable on the bike, that you can flatfoot when seated and that you can comfortably hold the bike up and stand her up off the stand without any real effort.:)

7. Thanks for the advice, is a good point! Should have said I'm 6"2 / 95kg, so figure should probably be more worried about something being too small than too big? Comfort will be the big thing to try out! Went shopping for helmets yesterday, and was amazed by the differences between brands... figure will be similar with bikes...
  8. Ok then in that case I suggest you start looking at the LAMS 650's, ER6 kwaka etc, will suit your height a hell of a lot better than a 2fiddy.