Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Hi there.

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by Thommo70, Aug 31, 2011.

1. Hi there, I am new to this forum and think it will be a great way to gain knowledge from other riders.
    I recently purchased a 1998 Yamaha Vstar XVS650 Custom, and when I went to get a RWC I found out via the VIN that is actually a 1997 Dragstar XVS650.
    I don't have any issues with this other than when I go to look at parts & accessories, everything is listed as 1998 and after. I assume that the 98 stuff will fit on the 97 but am not sure.
    Has anyone else had this issue or know anything about it? (Any feedback would be appreciated)

2. Welcome to NR. I hope you find the info you're after (sorry, I don't know, just sayin' HI).
  3. Thanks for the link mate, much appreciated.
  4. Thenks for the welcome.
  5. Welcome to NR, Thommo! I've the same bike as yours - XVS 650 Custom but this years model.

Come on down to the Saturday Learners Session if/when you can. You dont have to be a learner but it's good for a meet & greet.
  6. Thanks for the welcome. Great fun to ride after being off the bike for a long time. Looking at getting the 1100 when I get the cash.