Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Hi there!

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by maytheforcebewithyou, Apr 15, 2010.

1. Hi,

I am new to this forum. I used to ride in Europe where I had a restricted licence (allowed to ride bikes under 500cc) That's how things were in France a long time ago! I never bothered to upgrade my licence over there until I moved to Sydney. Last year, I thought that it would be the perfect time to get a bigger bike. For now, I have a new Honda VTR 250. I am on my P's until November. Then, I'll get a new bike! Very exciting...

All the best to everyone.

Listen: "You can't use a mobile phone :blah:, eat your lunch, clean your dashboard, brush your hair, grab something in the boot and drive your car at the same time!!"[-(

Some people should use Public Transport or move to the jungle...

2. Hi Maythe... Welcome to Australia and the forum.
  3. Hi and welcome to the site.
  4. hi mate, welcome, u m/f? age? how long have you been here? where abouts in Sydney (and great choice in cities) what do you plan on getting once your off your p's..

cheers bud :)
  5. Howdy mate and welcome to the forums. Where abouts in syd are you from?
  6. Hi mate,

I am a 45 year old male. I first came to Australia in 1998 as a tourist but I met someone and she and I ended up living in Paris for a few years. Then in late 2002, we moved to Sydney. (She moved back as she's Australian)
    I live not far from Frenchs Forest. Now, as to which bike I am going to get when I'm off my P's I have a few options:

Suzuki GSX-R 750
    Honda CBR 600RR
    Kawasaki Ninja ZX- 6R

But I keep an open mind as I would need to test ride them first and see which one I like the most. (weight plays a part and the Honda is the lightest)

Let me know what you think.

7. not a fan of suzuki, but thats my personal taste, other 2 are ok, u dont like Yamaha eh?
  8. Yamaha... why not? Should think about it.
  9. Or Triumph :D

welcome hun :)
  10. Or Triumph. :biker:
  11. Welcome to Netrider mate.
    Love the GSXR750 - had a K7.
    Now riding a Yamaha R1, 2008.
    Go the Yammie mate...beautiful bikes.
    Safe, happy riding to you dude.