Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Hi there!

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by Shelds, Jan 29, 2010.

1. Hi All,

Just thought id say hi and introduce myself. I recently got my L's, and finally bought myself a bike last week. 98 Suzuki Across. Im still in the super cautious, scared newbie mindframe and its really frustrating me as I just want to feel confident and finally leave these backstreets I have been riding around!

Anyway, I've been reading lots of posts, learning lots, and I hope to get out there in the real world very soon!

2. Welcome!

Grats on your Ls and your new bike :)
  3. gday shelds, congrats on your L's and welcome to NR
  4. Welcome to NR.
  5. welcome in.
  6. HI Shelds. Take your time with the learner stages, there is a lot to learn and soon enough you will feel confident enough to tackle some more interesting rides than back streets. Go at your own pace, and enjoy!!!
  7. Thanks for the welcome everyone!
  8. Hi and welcome to NR

Super cautious is better than overconfident. Take it easy and you'll get there.
  9. welcome, and take your time your still young.......
  10. gday shelds, welcome mate
  11. Happy 25th Birthday to ya (even though you havnt been around) :)

12. Welcome Shelds, just take it easy out there and don't feel pressured...
    Anticipate what other people might do, and don't trust anybody on the road....
    The Across is a nice little bike, take care of it....
  13. Hi Shelds (and Happy Birthday) - welcome to Netrider !
    Safe, happy riding.
  14. Thanks heaps for the birthday messages!!

I have been around, loitering, but haven't had much to say!

Confidence is growing so I hope to join a ride soon!
  15. Welcome! :dance:

Confidence grows naturally every day. Scan the road carefully and don't ride above your skill level.

Take care
  16. Shelds, to boost your confidence quicker, go hit up a learner ride, u will be amazed at the help u will receive
  17. Welcome :). As GreyBM says, better to be cautious than overconfident. We've all been there, take your time and you'll be up to speed before you notice.
  18. Nice to see another woman around!
  19. Welcome ... take your time learning, lots of netriders are happy to help, plenty of experience at your disposal.

Take care out there, and let us know how you are going.