Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Hi There

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by davidballarat, May 31, 2009.

  1. Hi all,

    New to the site, looking at getting my license and looking to seek out some information.

    I am 39 don't own a bike at this stage but looking to get my license in the very near future.

    I work overseas predominately in the middles east doing various forms of work. Want to get my license so that when I am back in Australia I have other options to move around.

    I wanted to get some questions answered and have not been able to get the required info from the VicRoads website.

    My Questions are:

    1. If I have my full license in Victoria do I have to have P Plates on the motorbike once I get the license ?
    2. Am I restricted to a certain CC motorbike on that full license ? and
    3. How long do I have to wait to get a 1000cc and up bike ?

    Thanks in advance for the answers.
  2. gday mate, welcome to NR..
    1) If your talking about blacks as your full license, (im guessing mature aged rider), with the old system which funnily enough ends tonight, no you do not need P plates, with the new system, mature aged riders will now be over 25 and will be required to display a P plate for 1 year...

    2) On the old system, you can ride any bike you wish, on the new system you will be required to ride a lams bike for a year..

    3) as above, old system u can buy 1 now, new system, after 1 year being on your p's