Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Hi & Thanks

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' at netrider.net.au started by Tam013, Nov 19, 2012.

1. Hi all, sorry to bore you all but another obligatory introduction coming your way...:)

I'm a female rider from South West Sydney. Had my L's and bike for a few months now but am a total newby to riding. Always wanted to give it a go so thought I'd try the Nike philosophy & just do it!

Ive been stalking around reading for a while as a non member - i thought I'd actually join to say thanks for all the tips & info other riders have taken the time to post. As someone who doesn't have any family members/friends to ride with or learn from, this forum has been great!

At the moment I ride a Yamaha R15 (lame I know (n))...but I'm finding it really nice to learn on. It's a confidence thing...it was small and light and i knew it would be manageable. The last thing I wanted to do was have a bad experience with a bike I scared of and never want to get on it. I was being a big girl I know...but since I am one, I don't see the problem? Lol

Although I'm slowly getting over the fear factor now and already thinking about the next shiny toy for my garage :riding:

2. Welcome to NR and hope you enjoy the stay. It is a wacky world filled with great knowledge.

Have fun riding and bike shopping for your upgrade!

3. Are you h... aving fun?

• Like Like x 2
  4. welcome tam - as the above had begun to ask but failed to complete out of what i can only presume to be jest....Are you hot?

hope you enjoy the forum !

• Like Like x 1
  5. :rofl:
    how long you been saving that one up for?

Welcome Tam.
    btw, it's only a lame bike once you've sold it. until that time it's your pride and joy which is absolutely perfect for all of your individual needs. :D

• Like Like x 5
  6. What? I have a stammer ;)

Sorry tam, welcome to the forum!

7. btw, it's only a lame bike once you've sold it. until that time it's your pride and joy which is absolutely perfect for all of your individual needs. :D[/quote]

Haha, very true! Much better way to look at it!!

8. My imaginary friends think you guys have serious mental problems!! :wacky:

Nah, seriously... Thanks for the warm welcome guys

9. gidday ,
    yes very serious

10. it's only a mental problem if there is a diagnosis. at the moment I prefer to think of it as "character"

11. Welcome! The R15 is a great choice for a first bike; cheap, reliable from what Ive heard, and it looks pretty good too! As mentioned above, you can't talk trash about it until you sell it ;)

12. Our serious mental problems are only problems if your not as insane as the rest of us!

Welcome and enjoy

13. I was about to invite you for a sunday ride, but then I remembered how anti-social and mysanthropic I actually am :p

Welcome to the forum and riding.

14. Nope, no problem here... i was certified long ago. haha