Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Hi peoples

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by Pilch, Oct 16, 2006.

1. Thought I'd better sign up after having a glance over the forums on numerous occasions.

Also I'm curious and just had to find out, there are obviously plenty of road bike events on the go, but are there ever any dirt bike events arranged? Who owns a dirt bike on the east side of Melbourne?

Just a quick bit of my riding background.... started out on a '89 DR250S when I was 15. Learnt how to ride, and how to rebuild pretty much everything on it (except the bottom end).

I then splashed out and bought a '00 RMX250S 18 months later brand new and still own it to this day. Mainly a trail rider, although I have a bit of a go at jumps and tricks etc although the bike won't handle anything to big.

I've got my P's and recreational rego on the RMX. I intend to buy a road bike once I have my full licence and intend to step straight onto a big bike of 600cc+.

Here is a shot from my back yard (literally).....