Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

hi noobie here!

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by RIX, Jul 27, 2006.

1. hey guys and girls,
    my name is rick, and i hav been riding for bout three yrs now on and off road i.e. cbr250,klr250,05'klx300

and now on the look out for a 600 road bike so any hints tips would be much appreciated! :wink:

cheers rick

2. wow, i've seen a more open question just dont remember when.

welcome abourd, whats your preferance on a bike?
    sport, tourer, cruiser, naked, faired, budget?
  3. Welcome - interesting avatar
  4. sorry delete this post

5. lol yea k sorry my bad im 6'4 so id say a sports tourer? the sports bikes are a lil small and uncomfotable i would imagine? but i may be mistaken?

i like fairings im leaning towards a zzr600? any issues?
  6. Welcome to Netrider Rick! :grin:

If your after a nice 600, Troy has a Gixer for sale you might wanna check out. Its bewwwwwdiful :wink:

Good luck with the hunt.
  7. Hi Rick. :)
  8. Look at the blubber roll :LOL:

Hey mate and welcome to the forums :grin:
  9. zzr6 are not a bad bike from what i've heard/read.

just a couple of things i do when buying anything worth $$$$$ Don't get brand fixated, if you want brand HonKawSuzxyz you will probably emotionaly pay more than you could for almost the exact same bike (ok u know what i mean) of another brand.
    Dont lock yourself in to a 600, plenty of good bikes around that are NOT 600's
  10. Welcome Rick. There's a few 600s to choose from - do a search of the forums to see if there's any reviews and if not you can always post up a thread asking for advice on a specific model (fairly good chance that someone around here does/has owned or ridden one at some point).
  11. rick - sports bikes arent that uncomfortable, you just got to get used to it. I here R6's are really good.... oh by coincedence my 03 r6 is for sale https://netrider.net.au/forums/viewtopic.php?t=22296 being that tall you'd get by on any bigger bike 600's, 750, 1000. If michael jordan can fit on a bike im sure you'd have no problems.

Goodluck in finding a bike!
  12. I dont think Michael Jordan is all that tall :roll:
  13. g'day rick and welcome aboard.... as everyone has said is lots to chose from... jsut sit on and test ride as many as you can find.... give yourself as many options as possible and you'll find that that fits best to your riding tyle and size......

I dont think Michael Jordan is all that tall :roll:-(/quote]

michael jordan is 6'6 for those that were wondering :p
  14. he's 6'6 - thats tall for me, im only 5'7 at the best of times
  15. yeah thanx heaps guys for info,
    i will do a search and find out whats best!

i howeva look foward to going on sum rides with u guy/girls hope to meet sum new people

cheers rick
  16. ummmm, but i dont go through bogan capital :LOL: and many debate its true location.....
    hello and welcome to the group!! :grin:
  17. Gday and welcome to the site mate, enjoy

Cheers :cool:
  18. https://netrider.net.au/forums/viewtopic.php?t=22958

This bike is the SHIT. It is ready to ride and needs nothing done to it. Lovely :grin: