Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

hi - noob to riding and the forums.

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' at netrider.net.au started by ronin11, Dec 2, 2005.

1. hi all.. im a noob around here, just got my licence and brought myself a suzuki accross (ive heard you can get 24 cans in there!! - so its worth it)
    im from wesside melbourne.. 25, male.. umm.. hi :)

2. hi and welcome to riding and the forum

have fun!

3. Ey ronnin man.. im kinda new to this too.. how you finding the bike so far?

4. Hi there and welcome!!

Another Across rider on this forum. woo hoo!!

Cheers
    Lids
    :D :D

5. But if you drink one of them, thats the end of your licence :p
    So do what everyone else does and just use it as a handbag :LOL:
    Welcome to the netrider forum and I hope you have much fun on the across, they are a good bike, many people here have one.

6. hey AL. lovin it, when i get the chance.. had a few problems with the speedo on the bike.. which has shit me a great deal to the extent im taking it out of the shop that was meant to have fixed it middle of this week and im fixing it myself.. wish me luck haha.. i just gunna replace the whole guage cluster.. im not expecting too much trouble from it. then ive got a few rides planned.. going to seymour from the city next weekend.. couple of mates that have also got their l's want to go down to phillip island for a ride.. plus im takign the bike over to tassie end of the year for a couple weeks, which i cant wait for.

how long you been riding al? im guessing with 2 gixxers you are more new to the forum than to riding lol.

7. Hello and welcome aboard

Stay safe

Lisa

8. Ronin i have the same prob on my 1000. the speedo is out 6-8% so it's a bit of a prob it reading faster, plus putting more milage on the odo. the 600 is very accurate. gps tested to within 1k. i havent been riding too long. around 5 years or so.
    have fun on ur ride man.. catch

9. HI ronin11 , welcome .

10. G'day ronin11!

11. G'Day ronin11, welcome!!

I'm sorry to inform you that even beer goggles aren't going to make it worth it.... :p :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

12. Hi ronin11 and welcome.

Firestorm. :D :) :D :) :D

13. What suburb you from ronin11?

14. Yeah but they need to be filled with petrol so you can get home. Thought I'd get an Across joke in early so you can feel at home, welcome.

15. hey umm.. matt.. umm suck my *cough coughcough* :D:D:D:D

enforcer: im from hoppers crossing :)

JD: the beer is for me so i dont feel like im riding an accross mate.. hahaha.

thanks for the welcome all :D

16. Welcome to the Across Masochism Society!! :LOL:

17. Welcome to a fellow across.

Ignore the insultsm, there all jealous of being able to easily carry alcohol on the bike

18. yeah charlie.. they all just want to be like us hahaha. spot on man.

19. G'day Ronin11 & welcome.
    Shame bout the handbag.
    Coffee night's looking like a CWA meeting.
    Cheers