Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Hi! Newie from Sydney

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' at netrider.net.au started by mattt, Oct 21, 2005.

1. Hi everyone i am a newie from Sydney currently going to uni. To explain my situation, I own a twin turbo 1991 toyota soarer which i bought late 2004. I actually never got around to getting my drivers Ps before the government decided to impose the turbo ban for P drivers post July :(

Rather than sell my car (the car is truly my dream car, i have been wanting it since i first saw it back in high school 1999!) I have decided to move to bikes being very cheap and fuel efficient until i can finally drive a turbo again after 3 years when my Ps expire and i can move onto my fulls :)

I am currently now just looking around for a fun bike to commute to and from uni everyday and having looked around i really like the zzr250 :)
    I won't be getting it this year though as uni is nearly finished and i will be going back overseas for a short stint so I am planning to buy it around next year March when I come back and uni starts again.

Btw this forum is very active! Replies are seconds after every post lol.
    Well thats my life story and I hope to meet alot of great people on here!

2. can't go wrong with the zzr, pity it's 6 months til you can get your hands on one (right after summer too)

welcome to the (very active because the weather is crap/people can't be bothered working on friday's) forum :wink:

3. Welcome, mattt, you might get a few responses from people wanting to keep the oil and stuff running in your turbo, while you wait!!!!

Never a shortage of advice here, and if you want a bike, someone here will already have bought one and know all you need to!

4. hmm i feel the 6 months will go by extremely fast though life is very busy these days which is a great thing :) thanks for the welcome

5. Hi mattt , welcome .

6. Welcome Mattt, you will notice that not too many threads don't get a reply in here.
    Enjoy the forum and you will be well prepared with information when you get your bike.

7. Greetings Matt, good to see another Sydneysider hook up.