Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Hi, new to syd, bike thinkering

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by chrisfarru, Apr 24, 2010.

1. Hi all!

Been bitten by the bug again, thought I could last longer without a bike but it's not working! I've had bikes for the last 8 years back in Malta and been in Australia for just over 2 years now. I've had a CBR 600F4i, 600RR, and an 05 blade back in Malta. Here in Australia I've had an 05 blade for approx a year but I sold it 8 months ago cos I needed the money. I've been commuting everyday on a Honda scooter 100 to work. You might laugh at me driving a scooter, but I absolutely adore it and it is so practical. However time has come again for something else. I pretty much have my mind set on the 2010 Honda 600RR (I love Hondas as you can see) and was trying to get to know some fellow riders in the area, common meeting places etc. I live at Pymble and I constantly hear the bikes revving up on the pacific hwy on a sunday morning. I was trying to suppress my "bike urge" but I can't anymore. Hope I can make some good friends and maybe go for some rides together.

2. Welcome in Chris, not many rides organised around Sydney these days, but keep your eye on the NSW thread
  3. I was trying to suppress my "bike urge" but I can't anymore.

:LOL: 'Tis an incurable condition, I fear :LOL:

Keep an eye out in the NSW Rides section; there's a heap of Netriders in the North and North-West of Sydney and they're always organising rides.....
  4. thanks for the welcome guys!
    Hoping to get involved in some group of fellow riders who can keep it calm on the roads. Been to intensive care and broke several bones way too many times of bikes.

I'll keep an eye
  5. That's a hard urge to suppress. I've been trying for the last 35 years with that one. One day I might even succeed. Welcome.
  6. Howdy and welcome to the forums mate.
  7. Hi hi Sydney man!