Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Hi - new rider in east melbourne

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by SJade, Jul 12, 2010.

1. Hi everyone,

I've just started riding, got my L's at HART about 3 weeks ago and got a 2001 CB250 straight after. I had no idea till now just how much fun riding is. Terrifying, but fun! And I'm hopeful that the fear subsides as operation of the bike becomes more automatic (practicing most nights helps a LOT) and then only the fun will remain!

Anyway I probably should have posted a g'day here before going straight to the "help me fix my bike' forum, but better late than never!

Also if there's any other beginner-learners out around east melbourne who want to go for a ride sometime just drop me a PM, it's more fun riding with others :)

2. Hi SJade, good to see another lady rider here. Happy riding!
  3. Welcome SJade and congrats on the L's and the bike!!

Keep practising at your own pace. And yes, it does get less terrifying and more fun as time goes by!
  4. Hi and welcome :)
  5. Hi SJade,
    Welcome to Netrider mate and congrats on your L's/bike purchase !
    Have fun mate and seeya out on the roads !
  6. Hi SJade and welcome to NR

There is a regular Sat morning practice (see under Vic Events forum) which meets in Elwood at the BP by the Marina, if you are interested. Good way to pick up some basic skills in a pretty safe environment.
  7. Hi SJade - congratulations on the L's and the new bike! It does get less terrifying, but holding on to just a little of the fear's a good thing in my opinion...

It's certainly hellishly fun, and once caught the bug will stick with you ;)

Keep up the good work!
  8. Hi !
    I've just visited this forum. Happy to get acquainted with you. Thanks.
  9. Welcome to Netrider