Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Hi Netriders

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' at netrider.net.au started by karti, Jun 2, 2008.

1. Just wanted to say hello, I recently joined,, have bought a RVF400, its been a while since I had a bike and I moved to NZ, three months ago and needed something to get around,, had previously had bikes in the Uk,, GSXR600, Gs500,, KH100,, had crashed my last bike,, broke my colllar bone,, so coming back to biking was a little anxiety provoking,, but really glad I have,, had always wanted to get an RVF,, or a similar bike,, and having done so,, feel its the perfect bike to get bike into riding with,, easy to handle,, not too big for me,, i weigh 6okg,, so anyway,, wanted to join your forum as i'd got the bike from a dealer and there been some hassles with it finding neutral,, and the response has ben very good,, so thank you to all those that have replied so far..

Anyway,, until next time

Karti

2. Welcome :).

3. Karti you utter bastard! You live in a country with reputedly the best motorcycling roads around! Getting my bike over there and touring is definitely on my todo list. [-o<

Welcome to NR mate! :grin:

4. Welcome from an expat kiwi ...

Karti,

Where in NZ??? I currently live on S/shine Coast north of Brizvegas. Depending on where you are there are some beaut roads to ride in the land of the long white cloud.

Welcome to Netrider it is an interesting eclectic mix of ages, sexes and bikes.

Cheers
    Di :LOL: :LOL:

5. Whangarei is my home for now

I live up in Whangarei in Northland, yes the roads are pretty sweet,, they call them State Highways,, but they're the equivalent to the Uk A & B roads,, so can fantastic to ride,, have been for a ride since having the bike,, to Dargaville,, SH14 (I think),, more towards Dargaville,, the road climbs a hill,, and the bit coming down the other side is really beautiful,, a bit twisty,, so you can really get the bike over onto its side,, especially with the downward gradient thing going on,, also have been to Kerikeri, Paihia & Mangawhai,, and they were good to trips,, the trip to Mangawhai,, is really twisty,, but thought the road was really uneven,, so a little unnerved by ride there though,,

karti