Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Hi - just moved to Melbourne

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by Nawdy, Apr 21, 2006.

1. Just thought I would drop in and say "hi" to everyone. Moved from Darwin recently, and am still in the process of re-learning what it's like to be cold.

At least the cold air helps engine performance :cool:

2. i guess riding a blackbird you'd be constantly trying to squeeze a few extra ponies out of the engine ehhh? run of of legs pretty quickly i hear above 280km/h :p

i've got bad news for you, noone's going to bother saying g'day to you unless you're a girl :( as we're all sad cases desperate for female attention on here (just have a look at our last newest member thread, she managed to get 4 pages of replies) :wink:
  3. I'm sure I'll be looking for a bit more from my bike eventually (I always seem to be modifying things, much to my wife's disgust) but I'm happy with it for the moment.

Now that others know I'm a bloke, I can look forward to not having to dodge those winning pick-up lines from those who weren't too sure.... :p . I'd welcome the newest member too, but she's more senior on this forum than I...
  4. Welcome Nawdy to the bitter cold of Victoria one day, and bl**dy freezing the next :LOL:
  5. welcome Nawdy, once you get settled, make sure you come out for a ride :grin:
  6. Welcome to the forums Nawdy!! :grin:
  7. Thanks for the welcome... you've got a good forum here, with a great variety of people and bikes; I'll be visiting here on a regular basis, that's for sure.

And I'd love to go for a ride!! :grin:
  8. eltham is a good locale... plenty of good rides a short distance away :)
  9. Yep, it's cooler in these parts. :shock: :LOL: On the bright side, the chances of being eaten by a crocodile are almost zero. :grin:
  10. Welcome mate. I'm just down the road in Bundoora, if you're free on Sunday evenings and want to meet some of us Northerners head down to the weekly Northland coffee meet.

I'm the adonis on the yellow CBR.

11. Welcome mate and dont worry youll get used to the cold :grin:
    Hope to see ya out on the road take it easy and remember to give your tyres more time to warm up :LOL: :LOL:
  12. Hahaha, you picked the wrong time to move down. Just as it is starting to get cold. Too bad.

Welcome to the big smoke. Where in Darwin are you from? I used to live in Leanyer, try and take my old KLX out the back to Buffalo Creek and the Leanyer swamps.

I work for the old PowerWater company during my uni breaks, well not for much longer, nearly done with uni. I lived in Darwin for 6 years. Been back and forth from there over the last 5 years, for as long as a year at one point :)
  13. Lived in Melbourne all my life and still not used to the cold... coz it usually comes immediately after a 30C day :eek:
  14. G'day Nawdy, I gotta ask ya mate..... have you downed too many of those famous Darwin stubbies or something, what the bloody possess's a man to leave glorious bloody sunshine and roads with unlimited speeds for the cold camera poppin state of flamin victoria??

Are you nuts???

Ah..it's ok I just realised you ride a Honda, your mental state is now recognised.....

15. Hey Nawdy, welcome to the forums. shouldn't take too long to get use to Melbournes weather, and anyway, the great people of this wonderful state we call Victoria make up for the cold :grin:
  16. its not cold here, you guys dont know what cold is,
    your pathetic winter is a summer day for me,
    Since my body has climatised im only looking to go home to Antartic to nest and get back here, for I am a penguin doing the red carpet stuff due to my recent role in "march of the penguin's"

Welcome to the forums.
  17. Those drugs are working wonders I see Stookie. :LOL:
  18. Welcome to civilisation :LOL:
  19. Welcome to netrider :)

If there's one good thing about the cold it manages to turn the weekenders away from their trips thus leaving all of the good roads clear of traffic :LOL:
  20. Hi Nawdy, just get yourself some good winter gear and youll be right!

Welcome to the forum :)