Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Hi just bought first bike at 60

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by Pjcliffo, Dec 14, 2011.

1. Decided for my 60th to learn to ride and get a bike. Did this with my daughters boyfriend and having a ball. Bought a Yamaha virago xv400 on eBay and it seems a good learners bike. Doing my p test in the next month, the uturn part is pretty tricky. Enjoying these forums. Cheers

2. Good stuff. Welcome aboard.
  3. 60s the new 40s! you must be going through mid-life crisis!?

4. Never too late for the ride. Now you can start getting younger again. Enjoy every moment.
  5. Welcome! I found U turns the tricky thing on my cruiser too, you just need lots of practice, and make sure you feather the clutch and give it lots of revs. Getting your head turning in the right place can be a hard, fight the urge to look down as you turn! I recommend going along to the practice sessions at Homebush one Sunday afternoon for some tips.
  6. Welcome Cliff, never too late to enjoy the pleasures of two wheels (y)
  7. Welcome to NR, at 60 and first bike, congrats big time!! enjoy the ride as we all do here :) and as Tone2 said above, get yourself to Homebush you wont regret it..
  8. First bike at 60!! Awesome. Welcome to Riding Heaven and Welcome to NR. (y)
  9. Congrats and Welcome !
  10. Congrats on the new purchase :)
  11. Welcome!! Never too late indeed!

I'll also suggest the learner sessions at Homebush... they are invaluable to learning and practicing!
  12. Good on ya. Have fun with it.
  13. Thanks guys, what are the details for homebush? Sounds good.
    Ok I found the thread and will try for this Sunday, cheers.
  14. dam cant make Sunday, family commitment!
  15. Once you get up to speed, Ulysses might be worth looking at. I know some branches are mainly social but if you can find one that rides it can be fun.
  16. Welcome Cliff from another mature rider. I ride a Virago 250 and passed my P on it. See you at Homebush sometime. Enjoy.