Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Hi.. I've been lurking for a while [syd]

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by mits, Mar 3, 2010.

1. Hi!

I've been lurking for about 12 months, gaining as much knowledge as possible before purchasing my first ride and gear.

I got my L's early last year & I initially set out to buy a VTR250, but unforeseen circumstances meant I had to put off my plans until recently. So I decided to bite the bullet and get riding before my licence expires. I just picked up a Ct110 postie last week, spending in excess of that on my riding gear (as something I read on here stuck in my head - buy the gear and use the change for your first bike).

Hope to read alot more as I become more involved in riding.

2. Welcome Steve. Smart thinking about getting the protective gear. Enjoy the ride.
  3. Welcome Steve!

Don't knock the CT110, they can still put you on your backside ;) lol. Props for the gear too as ATGATT and "dress for the slide not the ride" can not be overstated.
    Ride happy.
  4. welcome steve, enjoy mate
  5. Welcome, Steve, nice to see that some of the painful experiences we've had and the advice that comes from it, filters through (y).
  6. Thanks for the warm welcome. Agreed with ATGATT, I just don't get it when I see so many riders around in t-shirt and shorts...