Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Hi in Cold Canberra

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by giggsy, Jul 9, 2008.

1. Hi Guys and Gals

I have been a lurker for a while now so I though its high time I jump in and introduce myself.

I have been riding on the road since january 2007 but in November 07 got my first "real" bike which is a shadow 750 and I love my baby.

Don't laugh cause I ride a cruiser. I am only 5ft so don't have alot of options.

I love getting out on the bike but it doesn't happen that often especially in winter but trying to ride at least 2 -3 times a month.. groan I know.

Look forward to chatting with you all

2. Hey there's not much incentive to get the beast out of the garage when it's as cold as a mother-in-law's kiss outside; do the Canberra winter thing and bunker down for a few months and surf Netrider :LOL:.
  3. Welcome to NR !!

"Winter" ?? :?
    What ? You don't have wet gear? :p
  4. Yes I do have wet gear but the cold still gets through. I need to HTFU I know but I am getting there. Heading to Nowra on the last weekend of july and went that way a few weeks ago and it was very cold. I just purchased a new winter jacket so should be warmer this time around
  5. Welcome to the best forum on the net :grin:

I suggest you try wearing a full body wetsuit under your wet weather gear for lots of warmth. (im serious)

have fun!
  6. yeah but I am 5ft nothing and not the skinniest chick out there so its really hard to get clothes to fit.. i mean realllllllllyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy hard