Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Hi in Brisbane

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by gee-aye-dee, Nov 13, 2013.

1. Hi, My name is George. Living in not so sunny (atm) Brisbane. Bought a Rough 08 Ninja 250 for my first bike. Figured whats the point of paying a ridiculous amount for a new 250 when ill most likely (a) upgrade in a year (b) damage it or (c) not want to ride after a while.

Im a mechanic by trade and been into cars for as long as i can remember but i thought i might give 2 wheels a try, also much easier to work on.

Having a bit of a mechanical drama atm though with the front sprocket i bought. Some of the teeth are 3.5mm wide at the tip and some are just over 1mm at the tip. O.D is the same but it seems this difference in tooth width is causing the chain to go tight in some spots. Similar to a stretched chain (chain is new). Am i right i thinking the sprocket is the cause? or could i have a bent output shaft or something?
  2. Welcome to NR, and nice choice of bike (y)
    Sorry I cant help with the mechanical stuff though!o_O
  3. Welcome George :)
  4. Welcome, throw up a pic of that sprocket so we can work out what you mean(y)