Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Hi I'm the new guy

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by Akilan, May 29, 2016.

1. Hello Netriders, I'm just getting back in to motorcycling after a very long break (20+ years). Picking up my YZF-R3 early next week. Wife isn't the happiest on the planet but she's a good lass. Look forward to soaking up some knowledge and swapping tales.

What fuel you all putting in your bikes? Was planning on avoiding the pricier stuff

2. Welcome aboard AkilanAkilan , as for fuel I would stick with manufacturers recommendations ;)
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. Welcome to Netrider Akilan!
    When I bought my Suzuki they told me to use only premium, which I do....mind you it only costs around $10 to fill up :)
  4. Welcome to the forum new guy.

I tend to run on Red Bul . The odd V here or there but it doesn't give the same kick.
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Welcome to NR
  6. Welcome mate :cool:
  7. welcome aboard :)
  8. Welcome (back).

If you're buying a new bike you won't have much choice as far as fuel goes: to the best of my knowledge they all demand premium...
  9. gday AkilanAkilan welcome back to riding and to NR!

most bikes tend to run best on 95Ron but check your handbook or the sticker on the tank. don't know that any will recommend ethanol mix.

post a few pics of your R3 please. tell the missus how much money you will save having a bike instead of another car and she'll soon come across to liking the idea.
  10. Welcome to NR from Adelaide. Enjoy being on a bike again, it will make your heart sing.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Aloha & welcome to NR,

If you love your baby, nothing but the higher octane will do :)

Have fun & stay upright!
  12. Oh red bull never thought of that GeorgeOGeorgeO , I tend to use Skinny Cappuccino in mine.........

Seriously I just use 98 (BP Ultimate), I tend to use only BP or worst case Caltex, i've been recommended to stay away from Shell. Best bet is to use what the manufacturer says...

Welcome to the forum.:wtf:
  13. Welcome mate!
  14. Welcome AkilanAkilan, I'm a 'returnee' as well!
    • Like Like x 1