Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Hi, I'm new!!!

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by nightgash, Jan 30, 2007.

1. Hi everyone I really wanted to get my bike license a few years ago, however a school friend suddenly died at the age of 20 in a motorcycle accident. I knew him well in my school days and had seen him a month before he died. I was really put off as most people would but will be going for my restricted license on the 5th.

This forum has a wealth of user reviews and tips on riding gear which is what brought me to the website as I need to buy new gear.

2. Just before I got my licence, I lost a friend in a bike accident. That crash caused another mate to give up bikes forever but I couldn't not keep going. Good on you for sticking with what you want. It is really hard to see people you care about get hurt (and worse) but at the end of the day you have to do what makes you happy (as long as it's legal and moraly sound). :)

Welcome to the fold. :grin:

BTW, how far north of Melb are you? I'm an old Benalla boy myself. :)
  3. Thanks for the welcome. I am not too far north as that, as I live in Romsey near Hanging Rock.

Most people my age (21) around here ride trail bikes in the State forest which is close by. I'm in two minds whether I should get a trail bike or road bike. It would probably be safer off road away from cars....
  4. Hi nightgash, welcome to the forum. You could always get a road/trail. Something like an XR250 perhaps?
  5. Welcome to NR nightgash
  6. Welcome Nightgash, hope you get as much out of riding as the rest of us.
  7. Welcome to Netrider :).
  8. Thanks everyone.

Pete this is a good idea. Like a XR250 or KLX250 etc
  9. Welcome!!!
  10. Welcome Nightgash.

If you like dirt as well then go for the on/off road thing...best of both worlds :grin:
  11. Boy, it has been a while since I've welcomed people. Happy belated welcome nightgash! Sorry about that :LOL:
    Seems like you're settling in well, anyway.
  12. Thanks Pinkxie. I now have my restricted license since the thread was made. Just need to get me a bike!! :moped: