Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Hi, I'm new (Sydney)

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by DiscMan, Aug 13, 2007.

1. Hi folks,

Newbie here.

Good news is that I'm booked in for my pre-learners course. :grin:

Bad news is that it's not until October 20/21. :( Busy with renovations until then.

I live in Sydney's inner west and have absolutely no idea which bike I will buy. :? So many options! Guess I'll stop blabbering and get to searching these forums for a bit of newbie advice.

2. Hey welcome Jason from another Sydney guy.

Hornet can I ask this guy too? :cheeky:
  3. :LOL: Please, be my guest, I'm just the moderator of this forum, don't feel bad about taking my job, I'll get over it, no, really, I will :LOL:.

Welcome Jason, everyone's friendly here :) :).
  4. LOL Hornet you could come over to a forum that I moderate and stir me up there. :bolt: And there i don't even have the power to ban users. :eek:hno:

Hey Jason come on a Saturday to the Weekly Coffee Meet @ The Mean Fiddler - Rouse Hill https://netrider.net.au/forums/viewtopic.php?t=36460 :biker: There are new riders on Ls that come along that you could get a lot of help from.
  5. Here's a secret about me...I just happen to be a coffee addict! :LOL: Sounds like fun.
  6. Discman, welcome to netrider, great place to hang out, and get to know fellow riders. Good luck with your pre-learners man!
  7. Thanks for the welcome guys. Can't wait until I get my L's. Busy in the short term with my nose in the RTA's Motorcycle riders handbook.
  8. Gday mate, I used to live in Dulwich Hill.

As for which bike to buy, I've got three letters and three numbers for you:

VTR250 :).
  9. Yeah, the VTR250s look nice. However I am considering going for the POS option for my first bike. Maybe a well loved GN250? Given that I am classed as a mature* aged rider I can go from my L's to an unrestricted license and I'm not sure yet what type of riding I will do.

* Family members may not agree that I am mature. I'm glad there is no RTA maturity test. :grin:
  10. Welcome Jason, I'm always glad to see more Sydney riders here.
  11. Well, best you be comin' along to the Fiddler then :p They make a mean coffee & how bad is this, the girls there even remember what we order now. So come on down.

Rock up in the car & you can drool over all our bikes for now :LOL: :LOL:
  12. Welcome to NR.. :grin:
  13. Welcome Jason.