Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

HI im from melb

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by phillay, Nov 12, 2006.

1. Hi everyone,

My name is Phil and Im new (kinda) to bikes, looking to buy a bike in the next few weeks. I had my L's a few years about and sold my bike (nsr150sp) my L's expired before I remembered to renew them, going for my Ls again in 2 weeks. Im looking for a nsr250 not planning to get a bigger bike as i barely can touch the ground :( will be a daily rider going to work in the city (Melbourne). Just wanna say hi :)
  2. Hi, I like you're choice of bikes ;)

3. Hi Phil, welcome to the forums.
    Might see you at a coffee night soon.
    Where in Melbourne are you?
  4. welcome. NSR250 pretty rare, so pretty expensive. i dont think its really suited to ur purpose. 2 stroke 250 burn petrol and plus oil and are high maintaince. they are quite a different ball game compared to the nsr150.
    But if ur up for it, go for it.
  5. welcome phil...
  6. My mate just fell off his NSR250 after his engine seized. A few scrapes to one side, then sold it to the wreckers for 500$. :( Shoulda sold it to me...
  7. i live out in the west in sunshine. my mate has a seized nsr250 mc21 he wants to sell it to me for 1500 the oil pump stopped when he attempted to lift the front. now the engine is apart, the bike is not registered anymore, its body is still in top condition but its been outside since he has not love for it for the past 2-3 years. what do you folks think should i buy that bike and fix it up?
  8. [IMG:55:36:d1cd0c3927]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v632/sgcooke/Smiles/welcome.gif[/img:d1cd0c3927]
  9. Welcome Phillay!
    Newbie 2 newbie
    See you in the soup
  10. Welcome Phillay :grin:
  11. Welcome Phil, hope you enjoy
  12. welcome aboard buddy. have fun and ride safe mate :)
  13. Welcome! Enjoy your stay :)
  14. Welcome Phil

saw an NSR for sale in the classified section... asking $5k though
  15. Hi Phil,
    Come and meet some of us some coffee night. :)
  16. Hi Phillay and welcome.

Firstly - I love 2 strokes, so congrats on kickin' it old school and supporting the stinkies. That's from my heart.

Unfortunately, from my head, I'm with natta - a 2-stroke is not the best choice for commuting. Nothing tops them for a fang in the hills, but in the city there's oil use, lousy economy, high wear of parts, etc. And on top of all this, power valves, heads and plugs coke up from too much slow running...no matter how much you try to thrash 'em off the lights!

I personally have driven myself nuts commuting several 2 strokes. Love 'em, but it's always rings, small ends, pistons, powervalves, more rings, more oil, and weekends spent in the shed.

I commend you if you go ahead, but beware, a stroker, especially in the city, is a high-maintenance beast. Make sure you price rings, powervalve seals, pistons and small ends before you commit.