Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Hi I'm Alex and I'm a...

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' started by 7THSIN, Nov 23, 2004.

1. Long time listener and first time caller,
    both to this forum and the world of riding.

Went out today and applied for my learners permit, Im 20, been driving a 'cage' :D (love that word you guys use for car) for just under 4 years and I think its time I experiance a long-time love of mine... Riding.

Looking at a CBR250RR as my first bike, going to get all my gear first though... Will probably be a few weeks/months till I'm out on the road but will keep reading/posting here as I've found this a ver informative forum so far.

My other interests are my '83' Mazda Rx-7 which I might get a link to after from the www.ausrotary.com forum I work at Holden here in SA and I love just about anything.

Feel free to add me on MSN messenger puppet_master_2000@hotmail.com and have a chat.

Keep up the good forum guys, its good to see one that hasn't turned to sh*t like some other vehicle-related ones out there.

Love bikes, wanna really get into riding as a lifetime (fingers crossed) thing. Im sensible and aware of everyone on the roads in a cage, let alone on a bike which I know presents a greater risk.

Signing out for now,
    Alex :wink:
  2. Welcome Alex, good to have you join us. You obviously have been reading and absorbing since you've decided to go to a Honda and bypass those handbags :) Think there's any chance of convincing Mazda to make a rotary bike engine? :)
  3. welcome mate,u will get rid of the car onece u get the bike mate.
  4. Welcome aBoard - good luck for your learners (no sweat I'm sure), and congrats for making the decision to get onto 2 wheels. Its worth it!
  5. Heya,

Welcome aboard Alex :applause:

HAve fun and stay safe :biker:

Lisa :twisted:
  6. Welcome to the forums Alex and good luck with your L's. :D
  7. Hi Alex :)

Mouth... have you read about the problems Suzuki had with thier rotary bike? Heavy, very thirsty and extremly unreliable. A dud if there ever was one.

Norton threw millions at thier rotary bikes and finally managed to make the things almost as reliable as a normal bike motor, and they made good power, but they still chewed fuel like it was going out of fashion compared to a conventional bike motor and cost three to four times as much to make....
  8. G'day Alex and welcome!
  9. Alex-Welcome aboard :)
  10. Hi Alex,

Welcome to the forums. Have you done any riding before?

You will breeze through the L's test mate, good luck.

11. Hi i'm Alex and i'm.......

Hi Alex :)

Welcome aboard
  12. Ahhh, so they got consistency and managed to make their rotary engine exactly like their 'normal' engines :)

Interesting info .. thanks.
  13. Hello!! And welcome aboard!!

:D :D :D
  14. welcome, and dont stress about the test, you'll laugh at how easy it is.
  15. Hi Alex & welcome, btw are you a Mr Alex or Ms Alex? Good luck with the L's.
  16. Welcome Alex
    and safe riding when you eventually get onto one :)
  17. :applause: :applause: :applause:
    Congratulations for the decision to have a go on two wheels. May you always stay rubber side down.

:D :D :D
  18. Welcome to the forums and good luck on getting your licence and bike :)
  19. welcome to the forum and good luck on the l's

o yea eewwww holden hill in south australia! thats where the co i work for is based! (novaloc)
  20. Hi Alex welcome to netrider and the wonderfull world of honda :D .