Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Hi guys new member here

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by dusAn, Jun 6, 2011.

1. Hi everyone im Dusan from Melbourne. Just gotten my Learners license and my bike is a gsxr250r.
    The bike itself was bought just as a frame with electrics and the carbies mounted. ive put around $2500 into the bike now, including installing a 1994 bandit engine and getting it running right heres a pic

Attached Files:

2. Kako ide? dobro dosli :)
  3. Welcome along Dusan. That's a pretty tidy looking bike for something that started as a frame. Well done.
  4. Converting a frame with carbies into a full motorcycle for $2500 is pretty damn impressive, well done.
    Very nice looking bike, really like the colors.
  5. It was a 2month job with alot of hassles and with alot of help from the mechanic from the Suzuki Race team Australia haha ;) The bike goes pretty nicely for a 250, its got some jap carbies which are 2mm bigger than any other 250 suzuki but most of the parts are from a bandit 250.The rwc getting done right now, anyone know what has to be done with vicroads in order to re-register? they said i have to take the bike through the pits so im guessing i call up and book a time for the inspection? heres another pic

Attached Files:

6. Bonus points if you ride the bike to the road worthy haha
  7. it was taken on a trailer to the roadworthy haha. they said it passed and i can pick it up tomorrow, is it possible to ride back now and ride to vicroads ?
  8. yes it's possible but not legal, think you might be able to go to vicroads, provide them with the road worthy, register your bike and get a rego label off them on the spot, not sure though.
    BTW congrats on building a road worthy bike, that is a commendable effort!
  9. thanks for the help man, going into vicroads today to get a permit and book in for tomorrow to register my bike. Was very scared the mirrors wouldnt pass, they've been a pain i ever had to use RFV400 mirrors i think... Oh does anyone know how to post in the for Wanted part, im looking to buy some gear eg. gloves and pants
  10. You have to be a member.
  11. Looks like a nice bike, well done as well on getting past the road worthy :)