Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Hi guys, from Clayton VIC

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by Fai, Apr 8, 2011.

1. Hi guys,

My name is Fai. I Just bought myself a bike so decided to join bike community here :)

Back then in my home country, I used to ride for a year, but did not ride it for awhile and let my overseas license run out. So, I am going to book for a learner license at Ride-tek within this or next week.

Also, I would need to get a road worthy cert for my bike as it is currently unregistered. Can you guys recommend me any shop that isn't too fuzzy around Clayton area? From my observation, everything seems to be fine, apart from brake pads and fender eliminator. I also plan to do service too as previous owner told me that he hasn't been riding it for over 6 months.

Cheers guy!
    Looking forwards to know y'all

2. Welcome, what bike?
  3. All motorcycle shops that are worth going to are FUSSY about keeping their customers and the authorities happy. So your fender eliminator may be an issue regardless of where you got to.

I highly recommend http://www.sixtydegrees.com.au/ motorcycles if you're serious about wanting to become a motorcycle rider as opposed to someone who wants to own and ride a motorcycle.

They run regular courses in basic motorcycle maintenance and have an onroad rider training program. Their customer service is second to none and they'll look after you if you look after them.

Have fun now.
  4. Welcome Fai,

Gotta back Chef on the 60 degrees guys - a really decent bunch and no complaints with them at all. My bikes booked in there for a few things on Tuesday. If you are in Clayton, then they are very close to you.

If your are a little rusty, consider coming along to the Saturday morning sessions as a bit of refresher.

5. Hello Fai and welcome to Netrider. Looking fwd to meeting you on a ride soon.
    Enjoy the forum and safe riding :)
  6. Thanks guys :)

I have bought an 01 r6. I know it is not LAMS approve, but I couldn't reject the price that I bought it for XD

Since many members reckon me to go to 60 degrees, I will then call them up sometime soon to book up for my service and road worthy cert.

Sorry Dave, I don't think I will be able to meet u guys up this Sat for 2 reasons - No license and I gotta drive my car down to Williamstown to change my clutch. I will catch u guys next time, ok?? :)