Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Hi, from Wollongong

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by khjm, May 16, 2015.

1. Hello everyone...I'm Kenneth and new to this forum. Recently got my L and looking for individuals or groups to ride with. Interested...please contact me. Cheers.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Welcome!
    Plenty of good local roads to learn on :)
    Are you north or south?
  3. Central...not far from north. You?
  4. pretty close. happy to join you for a blat.

Albion park-Jamberoo-Kiama loop is really good for cornering practice.
    car park between Warrawong Harvey Norman and the lake has/had MOST test markings on the ground
  5. Welcome mate, from another gong native. Weve got quite a crew building up
  6. welcome aboard :]
  7. G'day Kenneth and welcome to the forum, congratulations on getting your Learner rider licence. Wollongong is a good place to be based with many good riding roads heading out of the city.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. good to know - are the markings still there?
  9. Welcome to NR..
  10. #10 oldcorollas, Oct 7, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2015
    it's a while since I checked (more than a year) but easy to take a tape measure, some chalk, and mark it out.
    happy to donate some chalk :D

you can sort of see the markings here, in the third parking bay thing Google Maps
    it is not as long as the range at Unanderra RMS, but long enough to get up to speed for the braking test.

edit: if you want to mark it out yourself, here are the dimensions of the Unanderra MOST test area (from google satellite images :) ) (green circle is ZZR250 turning circle = 5.6m diameter)

11. Welcome another gong rider. I'm from Shellharbour region might see u out and about :)