Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Hi from West Aust

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by Greasewa, May 21, 2015.

1. Hi all

I didnt start riding until my mid 30's. First ride was a 07 DRZ250. I mainly rode to and from work and used it in the bush on weekends. I then upgraded to a Gas Gas FSR515 and had the time of my life.
    A little over three years ago I relocated from Newman and I haven't ridden either bike often. I found this forum this morning while I was looking at road bike alternatives, something to travel approx 385k each way.
    I like the look of the ER6F but I am open to suggestions.
    Thanks for the great forum and I look forward to meeting many great people.
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Howdy & Welcome to NR!
  3. Welcome and speak to middomiddo who does long WA commutes as well, he's on a vstrom.
  4. G'day Greasewa and welcome to NR.
  5. Welcome to netrider. As said above, I fairly regularly commute between Geraldton and Perth on my vstrom. If you are looking for a long distance bike my first suggestion is do not get a cruiser. They hurt my arse and lower back after about 30 mins. A "touring" bike would be the best option. Many would suggest going for a big engine, but my 650 does fine, overtakes with easy and doesn't get me into too much trouble too often. (The wife on the back also helps. She told me to slow down yesterday. We were only doing $1.70.)
  6. Good to have you with us Greasewa
  7. welcome aboard :]
  8. Hey welcome, fellow forum noob and Perth boy here.
  9. Welcome to NR..