Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Hi from Vic

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by Wheels2, Aug 3, 2016.

1. Hello all,

I'm at the stage where I'm about ready to purchase my first motorbike. It will be a weekend toy and also used to go to the local shops and cafes when parking is too busy to park a car in a reasonable time.

I've got about a year riding experience, but that is almost exclusively on a Honda CT110 and Honda NBC110. I ride them as a postie. I have ridden a Honda CB125E for motorbike school.

As for a personal bike, I'd probably want something around the 250CC mark, and with the possibility to have a storage box added to it, or if the bike has built in storage, that would be pretty good. I'm unsure what specific style of bike I want, but something that is easy to transition to from a postie bike would be great.

Suggestions are welcome :)
  2. welcome aboard :)

Best bet is to go to a bike shop and look / sit at them all & make yourself a list of the best then ride those
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. Howdy and welcome to NR Wheels2Wheels2. Good luck with your search for a new ride.
  4. gday Wheels2Wheels2 and welcome to NR! what he said ^^
  5. Welcome to the forum.

Are you on a full licence ? It might affect your choice of bike in the end
  6. Welcome :cool:
  7. Welcome to NR from Adelaide.
  8. Aloha Wheels2Wheels2 to the crazy house!
    Awesome and expensive pastime but worth while in every sense... :)

As others have said; best to throw your leg over every bike you can because you just never know what will tickle your fancy.

If you are on your opens then don't limit yourself to the 250cc class. There are so many RE bikes out there in the 300-400cc that are just as small but just as (if not more) fun :)
  9. Thankyou all thus far for your welcome.

I am actually on LAMS restrictions until early 2018, so that limits my choices in bikes.
  10. Welcome, 7t may limit y8ur choixe, but you'll have two more wheels than you have now:)