Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Hi from Townsville

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' at netrider.net.au started by Dan_B, Mar 4, 2009.

1. Hello all.

I'm buying a 2001 Honda CB250 in about a month or so from a mate. Will be the first bike I've owned. Have ridden other peoples bikes a fair bit over the years, and have my open license. Have ridden lots of different bikes, but this Honda is so much fun to ride...

I know a 250 is only little, but it will let me get back on the road riding, my confidence back up, and helps my mate out. Plus I'm getting it really cheap, and it can then be traded in on a new KLR650 (Or something else) when I'm ready to upgrade.

Will be getting some breathable gear over the next few weeks as it's lovely and warm up here. Need a jacket & pants. I've got helmet & shoes. Will also be looking at a tank bag, rear bag, etc... (There's a guy in Melb selling an Aldi tank bag I want to talk to, but can't post there or PM him yet...)

Anyway, I'll post some pics up once I've got some ood ones, and say gday anytime.

Cheers,
    Dan

2. Hi Dan and Welcome to NR. The CB250 is a great learners bike and you should have a lot of fun on it. Hopefully you can hook up with some of the other Queensland NR riders.

3. Hey Dan, welcome to NR :)

You've got 9 posts up (at time of writing),
    you should be good to PM now :grin:

4. Yeah got one through. Unfortunately the tank bag had sold :(

5. Cheers mate. Yeah it will be good just to get back on the road used to riding again. Then I can upgrade to a bigger bike to get me where I want to go.

Got a few mates who ride up here, but always keen to see which NR members are around.