Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Hi from the Vic High Country

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by mtnboarder, Apr 29, 2016.

1. Hi all,

just got my new bike, an '05 Ducati Multistrada 620 so I'd thought i finally say hello.

Its my second ever bike , first was a 2010 Honda VTR 250 which was a great learning bike. Im loving the multistrada, its a good step up from the VTR and looking to make a couple of suspension upgrades and cosmetic changes soon (not a big fan of the red, black more my go and maybe strip/alter some bodywork)

Im a rider in my 40's who only got into the bike game in the last few years but love it and the feeling it gives you. Living up around the High Country in Vic is great and the many winding mountain roads up here are just awesome, I just need to learn to ride them better! I like to snowboard and carve (usually very fast) and there are definitely parallels between the 2.

Ive done some track days on the 250 which was the best thing I have done and taught me so much. Im hooked, and know I have so much more to learn and cannot wait to get to Broadford and Phillip Island for some more schooling.

I love all the forums as they are (usually) a great source of information and inspiration so hopefully I'll find that here and maybe meet some great, like minded people also.

• Like Like x 2
  2. welcome aboard :) congrats on the bike
  3. Welcome "aboard"
  4. thanks all ,
  5. Welcome mtnboardermtnboarder ! Love the high country.From one snow boarder to another .. have you figured out how the heck we can carry the giant thing on our bikes ? :p ( no im not getting a trailer for the wee Zed )
  6. BeeBee just go something similar to a surf rack :p use them on the snowmobiles all the time in winter!
  7. Welcome adrenalin junkie,
    You'll love riding as much if not more than boarding :p