Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Hi from the Adelaide Hills South Australia

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by Andmaxjar, Apr 5, 2015.

1. Hi All,

I have just purchased a 2005 Honda VTR 1000 Firestorm and looking foward to riding a modern bike again, the last time I rode a modern bike was back in 1978 when I purchased a Yamaha RD 350 if you call that modern these days.
    Have spent most of the time collecting and restoring old British bikes mostly Norton's, so it will be a nice change to be able to start a bike with a push of the button and being able to stop with little effort on the brake levers.
    Will have to get used to the opposite brake and gear lever positions as well as the opposite gear change pattern but should be ok if I take it easy.
    Only rode the bike 100 km's not sure what to do with the other 4 gears !! so much more power than any other bike that I have ridden, anyway enough from me.

2. Welcome to NR! Nice choice in bike :)
  3. welcome aboard :]
  4. Gidday fellow adelaidian
  5. Howdy welcome aboard, that's s a lot of bike and you couldn't be in a better place to give it a workout, Hey phil01phil01 , a cameo appearance :)
  6. Welcome to NR...

Post some pics of the restored Norton's, if you've any.
  7. the VTR is a big step up. . just take it slow mate. advanced riding courses are worth their
    weight in gold. if you see a black gixxer 750 that will most likely be me. I have not seen another black one around.
    Loby and Gorge road are the best. I think the Café racers club have ride days for training newbies .
    I know your not new at riding but the VTR 1000 is not a RD350 or Norton.
  8. Welcome, old or new there's no denying it when youre riding your dream bike