Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Hi from Tassie

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by Michelle33, Jun 2, 2013.

1. New rider . Pillion for many years, then my new hubby encouraged me to do it for myself. At 54 ! So nice shiney "holly Honda", (vtr 250), arrived. Passed my L course, and recently got my P licence. One of the most nerve wracking, rewarding days of my life !. Holly and me ride with hubby on his ninja zx14 and son on Ducati 900m monster. :happy:

2. Welcome Michelle. NR - learn from the wise, laugh with the wits, form friendships, contribute your tuppence (can't quite come to terms with five cents/kilometerage etc) and keep a thick hide in reserve.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Hi Michelle! I started riding in my 50's after my hubby suggested it, just like you! :). Welcome to NR, lots of good stories and info here.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. I know, I have been lurking for some time lol. Reading all the excellent tips for new riders.
  5. Hi Michelle, welcome to NR. Good to see the whole family riding. Great that you & your hubby can ride together; always good to have an experienced rider to ride with when you start out :)

Hoping to do a ride in Tassie for a couple of weeks next Feb :)
  6. you will love tassie roads and scenery.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Welcome and yup, awesome roads down thata way.
  8. Hi Michelle, welcome to NR.

I recently joined myself but have been lurking and reading posts for several months now. I'm sure you will find some posts good for a laugh and also quite informative.
  9. Seen a few maps and i like ...

• Funny Funny x 2
  10. Hi Michelle!

I've only been to Tassie once and it has the best roads in the country! I can't wait to go back.
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Welcome. I drove around Tassie about 6 years ago in a gutless rental Hyundai Getz. Hitting those roads again on a bike would be awesome. Envious.
  12. Welcome back Phil01!
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. thought it went over everyones heads lol
    this place needs some lol