Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Hi from Sydney's Northern Beaches

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by DavyBlack, Mar 5, 2014.

1. #1 DavyBlack, Mar 5, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2014
    G'day all. The name's DavyBlack. I've been riding for a year now and got on to my P's last November. I'm quite late to riding as I've already hit the big '5-0' but wanted to get a bike to commute when the company I work for moved out of the CBD. I currently ride a Ninja 300 and may look to upgrade when I get off my P's this November - if my wife let's me ;-).

I've got a lot of time to make up for so have a very long shopping list of bikes that I'd like to buy but at the moment it boils down to: Sportsbike - Daytona 675R, or a Naked - Street Triple R, or a Cruiser - Triumph America. Are you noticing a theme yet ? :] (actually there are a lot of other brands that I like - the bikes named are just examples)
  2. Welcome Davy, there's a few of us in your locale, of all ages from pups to old farts like us. Keep an eye on the events thread for regualr(ish) rides in our area.
  3. Cheers mate, will do.
  4. Hi Davy :) Welcome to NR from another Northern beaches newbie rider
  5. Thanks, I learnt to ride on a VTR250 - thank God they're easy to ride because I was useless!
  6. Welcome DavyBlack!

Spent a full hour drooling over the Daytona the other day - I understand the attraction!
  7. Welcome along Davy.
    Have fun with your window shopping and test rides.