Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Hi from Sydney

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by bonkerrs, Feb 4, 2008.

1. Just dropping in to say 'Hi!' to everyone!

I've been lurking around for a couple of weeks now and thought I'd sign up.

I'm booked in to do my pre-learners at the end of Feb 08... it's so exciting!! In preparation to passing that, I've been logging in to the RTA website and doing the practise knowledge test (over and over) so I can, as quickly as possible, complete the requirements to get my L's.

My experience is very limited, as a kid I had a YZ80 then YZ125 on the oldie's 5 acre.

Well anyway, that's all from me for now. I'll be reading stuff regularly so see you guys 'round!

2. Welcome!

thats the best way to study for the DKT (or "rider knowledge test" in our case)... i did the same thing and pretty much memorised the whole test. I blitzed the test so fast that the lady accused me of cheating!! :LOL: :LOL:
    all the best for the pre-learners :grin:
  3. Welcome to NR :cool:

I did the written test here in Vic that fast I wasted time by reading over every question three times to make sure I hadn't misread anything. I then handed in the paper and waited another 5 minutes for the next person to hand theirs in. :)

I don't know if you have to read a book like the Vicroads handbook down here. I read the book when I bought it and then re-read everything the night before the test. Good luck with th L's. :)
  4. Hi from Darwin
  5. Thanks guys (and girls?!) for the welcoming messages.

I downloaded the Riders Test Questions PDF from the RTA but it is 81 pages worth of reading... I'm hopeless at remembering - I'm more successful at retaining info from the online practise test.
  6. Memorising the test is definitely the way to go. Welcome, give us an Idea of your general location so I can recommend a coffee night to look in on. Newbies are welcome and it may just save you from making a silly bike choice.
  7. nice pooch !
  8. Oh yeah... that's my dog Diesel
  9. no no, don't read that! practice the online test... (i.e. practice around 5-10 times a day, and you'll see a re-occuring pattern with the questions) trust me, its the best way... all the best :wink: