Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Hi from Slow Learner!

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by yindypink, Jun 2, 2008.

1. Hi to all. Im new to bikes and currently on a CBR125 hence the title "slow learner".
    My riding experience consists of 576km on my CBR125 and all that I have read on the forum! Im loving the riding, not so much the bike... looking forward to finding some new riding friends in my area to ride with. :grin:

2. G'day yindy, and welcome :) Saw a couple of your posts in the CBR125 topic!

I sat on Tonbi's VTR250 a week or so ago and I gotta say it was the only 250 that felt "good" to me. So good choice with the bike, and happy riding!

3. Welcome, Yindi! Plenty of slow pokes around here :wink:
    Have fun out there :grin:
  4. Hi and welcome.

Don't worry about being slow, especially after only 576 km. One of the worst things you can do is try to ride faster than you are comfortable with or try to keep up with someone who is faster than you. The important thing is to ride at your own pace.

Besides, living in Neerim South you should experience enough corners to improve pretty quickly
  5. :grin: Thanks for the welcome! I've been busy reading anything and everything on the forums lately. This could get addictive.
  6. Local Rider

Hi YindyPink

I'm also a new rider, new to forum and new to local area. Keen to catch up with other riders. Thinking of riding to a pub called the "Tool Shed". Have you heard of it? It might be a slow ride though, i'm still practicing those corners. Good to have other learners to chat to.