Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Hi from serial lurker...

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by Rip, Dec 2, 2008.

1. Hi all

Just thought I'd introduce myself after lurking a while. I'm Jim from Brisbane, and haven't been riding that long.

I have passed the Ls and Ps, though, so I won't be asking for comparisons between CBR250RRs and ZX-2Rs (I'm already convinced of the superiority of my old zzr250 over all things 250).

Great site - I've picked up more than a few helpful bits of info along the way. Now all I need is for someone to tell me an FZR1000 is a sensible second bike... : ).

2. Welcome Jim

I agree, the ZZR is a great bike
  3. Welcome Jim.

You don't often hear the words 'sensible' and 'FZR-1000' in the same sentence :LOL:.
  4. Welcome to NR Jim.

The way I see it, the only sensible second bike, is the one you choose :wink: . We can say this bike, or that bike, as they might suit our needs, but not yours. What's beautifl to me, could be fugly to you. Narrow it down to 2 or 3 bikes, and then test ride them. You may even find that your first couple of choices don't suit, and something you thought was all wrong, is all right.
  5. Welcome.

A FZR1000 is a sensible second bike........there you go.

I've got a Fzr600 and the thou.

Yep, I'm a hoon.....