Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Hi from QLD

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by ricethief, Aug 12, 2010.

1. Hi I thought I will take the chance to introduce myself, Im from Brisbane and have had my learners for the last 10 years until recently getting my restricted license.

I just bought a zxr250 this week to ride until I can get off my restrictions and had to ride back in the rain which was interesting given my lack of experience on a bike. The ride went without incident until i proceeded to the transport carpark to transfer ownership where I dropped the bike because my foot got caught in the pegs ](*,).

Now i have a crack on the fairing and a bruised ego, but hopefully its out of my system now :p. Anyway will get some pics up soon and hopefully meet other fellow members around.
  2. where in brizzy?? there's a few of us around.
    i did the same, learners for 10 years, now restricted. but i haven't dropped mine yet (only had it since monday) *touch wood*
  3. welcome in bud :)
  4. welcome dude
  5. I'm from Brisbane too. Wewlcome to Netrider.
  6. I'm not from Queensland, but welcome anyway!!

7. Thanks for the welcome, forgotten im on the northside, I work in Banyo and live in Caboolture.
  8. Welcome and now that you have christened the zxr, you can go harder on it :p
  9. Wow 10 years on Ls up there! Then restricted (?Ps) ? Tough to get a licence up there or what ?? LOL

Welcome to the forum.

I was on my Ls until today - I just can't seem to get the plates to stay on the bike. Considering not bothering so much.
  10. I lived at Caboolture for 20 years up until 7 years ago. Nice rides west and north of there.