Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Hi from Perth :)

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by jayw81, Aug 22, 2012.

1. Hey Guys...

In the process of getting my license at the moment so thought I would join the local online community.

I was looking at getting the Suzuki DRZ400 but then I took it out on the road and didn't feel comfy at all (way too high for my liking) so now looking at cruisers lol.

2. Hey mate, welcome to netrider.

I was dead set on a ninja 650r til i actually sat on one. Sit on anything that you can get your hands on and eventually you'll find one that fits you just right.
  3. Welcome, to netrider ;) There are some great people here, youll have fun.
  4. Go for a Kawasaki Versys...no..on second thought don't! I'll get too jealous :D
  5. Hi Jay,

Welcome to netrider. There aren't too many WA members so I encourage you to get a little involved. As for your bike, in WA you are still restricted to a 250CC only until you get your big bike licence. If you are looking at a cruiser, I would suggest a Yamaha Virago/Vstar, or a Suzuki Intruder. They seem to be the most common, and you can put both feet on the ground easily, even if you are a dwarf.
  6. Thanks for the welcome guys :)

middo, the word is that LAMS is being implemented here in november/december this year which opens up some bigger options than the 250's.

Been doing my lessons on a 125cc Honda and feel pretty comfy on that so far...