Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Hi From Penrith NSW

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by james79, Mar 8, 2014.

1. Hi guys,

Newbie from Penrith area, new to riding as well just got my Learners.
    A couple of weeks ago picked up my new 2014 Ninja 300.

Would be great to tag along on some group rides, hopefully meet some fellow bikers, just need to get some experience up first I think (especially cornering) LOL

2. Welcome along, James.
    Check out the learners sessions at Homebush every Saturday. Great for practice for your Ps test, meeting other learners, picking up tips from some experienced riders and usually the chance to go on a group ride.
    Highly recommended.
  3. Welcome fellow Penrith-goer :)
  4. Thanks fin mental, I will certainly drop by one or two Saturdays, just need to finish work early, as I don't normally finished until 2pm on Satrudays
  5. Thanks Kimberley, maybe see you around the local traps
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Welcome to NR don't they teach cornering in NSW just fast and straight :)

I had to do Figure 8's in QLD etc to pass my Q-Ride Thingo....

You go where you look... I still have dreams of my instructor screaming that us LOL
    "look up , look straight , look over there... don't look down Argghh " good fun

Welcome :)
  7. What corner problems are you having??
  8. Welcome James, there's not only a few netriders out your way but netriders who ride Ninja 300s. Must be something in the water.
  9. Welcome James!
  10. Hi NickVT400, your not wrong, they only teach how to go around a whiches hat at like 20kph, its a little different on the open road, when the traffic flow expects you to negotiate a corner a little quicker than that.

I have heard that saying that you will go where you are looking, and have tried to do that the last couple of rides, whist I have improved a little, still need some work, maybe I am just nervous I don't know.

Thanks for your reply and suggestion all the same.
  11. LOL interesting, I was not aware of that, I brought the Ninja because I liked the look and feel of the Ninja over the others that I tried out. The most common sports bikes I see out this way are R1's
  12. To be honest I don't know what I am doing wrong, I seem to be all over the place, I don't seem to be able to enter a corner and make a nice clean go of it. I have got all sorts of different advise from don't lean only use your handlebars, others say don't steer with the handlebars only lean the direction you want to go.... I am lost.
  13. thanks mate
  14. All steering on a bike is initiated by countersteering, body position and leaning is secondary.

This has been discussed at length on Netrider, have a search through the various threads - there's a wealth of good info (and some ill informed rubbish too).

When you get a few more kms under your tyres have a look for 'Twist of the Wrist II' on YouTube.
  15. Welcome mate.. and that right there is the best bike ever!