Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Hi from Northern Rivers!

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by walofr8, Mar 16, 2014.

1. Hi all. Just moved to Northern Rivers area and am looking for new people to ride with socially.

2. Welcome to NetRider :)
  3. Hello and welcome.
    Is Northern Rivers where all those lovely roads are in N NSW?
    What bike(s) do you ride?
  4. Hi fin Mental,
    There are alot of roads in the Northern Rivers area that have beautiful scenery but unfortunately the quality of the road surface is generally not very good. Having said that, it is still a great place to ride with several good day ride's to be explored and some spectacular scenery to be enjoyed. About the bikes, i am very lucky to have a bunch of bikes but the one i ride mostly these days is a Honda Crosstourer which is a big Adventure style bike, great for big day rides, especially over the bumpy roads around here.
  5. Is that like real north :)
    North enough to visit us in QLD ?

Welcome to NR
  6. Welcome mate.
    I spent a bit of time in the northern rivers in the late 90s. Nice part of the world.
    Which town are you located in?
  7. Yes that's well north enough to visit QLD and so far it's one of my favourite rides to go to Canungra pub for a counter lunch and a frothy. As for what town i'm in, well we're abit outta town happily and not far from Kyogle, which you bike folk will recognise as being just near the southern end of the iconic Lyons Rd.