Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Hi from newbie, Sydney

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by wha, Nov 11, 2007.

1. Hi everyone,

I first discovered this site a few years ago before I started riding. Now I have a bike of my own, and am learning heaps about bikes, riding and other things here.

Going for my L's again this Monday as they expired on me a few months ago. Looking forward to getting back on two wheels. My poor VTR250 has been sitting in the yard unridden for too long.

2. Welcome. Summer is nearly here, so you have chosen to get back into it at the right time.
  3. Hey welcome! Also looks like the weather is now clearing up!! Hopefully you get some great rides in!!!!

Enjoy the learner course - I had fun with it and met some cool people!
  4. Gday & Welcome.

Good luck with your "L"s tomorrow.
    Yeah, sure sux having a bike there that you can't legally ride (was the same for me before I got my licence).

Have a ball & hope to see you on the road soon.

5. welcome aboard wha..... how did the L's thing go?? can we go riding now????
  6. hey wha welcome aboard. where abouts in sydney are you from?
  7. Welcome to NR wha Hopefully see you out on the road soon
  8. Hey wha, hope you did well on your L's.. Do you still need to push the bikes around the second time? -because that would SUCK!!!

9. Thanks for the welcome

Thanks all for the lovely welcome

Got my L's again no worries.

It's a bummer when your L's expire and you dont pass the P's test. It means you have to do the whole thing all over again. The worst is the cost.

Good news though, now your L's last 12 months instead of 6, which gives you a bit more time to book in for your P's. The waiting time for booking your P's in Sydney is a couple of months at the moment due to the number of people getting their licence.

I did the course with a friend who is a complete newbie (never ridden-ever) and she passed as well, so we're pretty stoked.

I'm now riding to work and saving the $10 parking fee each day. YAY!

I'm located near North Sydney, Blurr.

Will start going on rides when my mate gets a bike and a bit more confidence.
  10. Welcome to NR.. :grin:
  11. Re: Thanks for the welcome

Maybe for weekends? I booked in for my P's test last Monday and could have done the test last Wed or Fri at Rouse Hill :grin: Weekdays seem to be ok, though the girl at the rta said that the bookings are unpredictable at times!

Welcome to NR wha and congrats on passing your L's. Hope to see you on a ride or at a coffee meet soon :grin:
  12. Re: Thanks for the welcome

More reasons why your state sux.

Good on ya for having another go tho. This time make sure you pass the next test. [​IMG]