Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Hi from Melbourne

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by robmc, Apr 5, 2011.

1. Hi Everyone,

I'm new to Netrider and have just got back into motorcycling after a break of 35 years. Been promising myself for a while now that I would get a bike again and now I've finally done it. It's a Yamaha XJR1300 and I'm very happy with it. 6 weeks in, 1500 km later and all the old feel is coming back. Love the openness and feeling of freedom. And the power and torque of the bike is such a hoot - love it. My previous bikes were a Suzuki A100 (my first), a Suzuki T500 (lovely old 2 stroke twin from the 70's) and a Yamaha DT400 trail bike. Been reading some of the useful information on the site and already I reckon I'm 20 times more safety conscious on the bike than I ever was in the car. Everyone keeps telling me how dangerous it is for bike riders. I wish they'd stop! I'm making the assumption that all those car drivers out there are unpredictably crazy. I plan to stay upright and safe so I can continue to enjoy the freedom and enjoyment that motorcycling can give. Hope to see you out on the road someday.

2. Hi Rob and welcome to Netrider. I really like the XJR1300 (y)
    Enjoy the forum and look fwd to meeting you sometime.
    Cheers mate.
  3. /me Nods from over here. Sounds like you've got a good attitude. Don't worry about those naysayers and enjoy the ride.
  4. Welcome Rob

Get out on some rides with these guys, it's great.
  5. Hi and welcome Rob :)
  6. Hi Rob and welcome to NR