Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Hi from Melb

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by aaa765, Jun 20, 2012.

1. Hi All,

I am a recovering scooter rider that has recently "upgraded" to a Suzuki Intruder 250. No offence to any scooter riders out there, had a Sym Firenze and other than the ridiculous service intervals absolutely loved it.

The gears are super challenging and my two brain cells miss the point and shoot simplicity they're used to.

But enjoying it all the same at least when I manage not to stall in peak hour traffic. Slightly embarrassing having cars swerve around my island of incompetence.

Have been to the event area and noticed the posts are all pretty old. Hoping some of the beginner rides are still on as I could use a heap of practice.

See you on the road, I'll be the guy at the lights trying to work out what the clutch does. ;)
  2. lol welcome mate, there is still learner sessions for the melbourne posse' i'm sure someone else will post a link for it
  3. Welcome to NR, get yourself to sat morn prac sessions just behind the servoc on beach rd Elwood, find the thread and come down, and lets hope you can learn to ride the bike so we wont 'See you on the road' :)
  4. Here's the link to the Saturday practise thread.

First post is quite old, but the session is still going - stronger than ever, depending on weather. Not just restricted to learners either; quite a few old hands get down there for a chat and the occasional trip around the cones. Great place to meet people.

Welcome to NR.
  5. always can rely on a woman to comlpete things, oh yeah, Dr Jeykls is place to meet other riders starts 9am before prac 10am. Thread about that too, but Greydog will show you :)
  6. Thanks for the welcome everyone and the links. Looks like the weather is gonna be pretty average so Saturday ride probably won't be on, but will hopefully catch up with some of you next time it is.
  7. Hi and welcome to NR.

Sunday Learner rides were happening very regularly until the rain also started happening very regularly.

As soon as there is a dry weekend forecast there is likely to be a learner friendly ride.
  8. Was nice to see you at brekky on Saturday. Hope you got to meet a few of the regulars at practice. Looked like you were getting to know a few people.
  9. Thanks heaps for the welcome and help on Saturday. Was great to meet the riders that I did. Finally ran over a few cones towards the end of the practice session.