Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Hi from Darwin

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by agrojim, Mar 30, 2012.

1. Howdy all,

Jim from Darwin here. I've always wanted to get my bike licence and a nice sporty little bike and now at 37 I'm finally doing it.
    I'm doing a training course over the weekend and will be getting my first roadbike in the next week or two.
    At the moment I'm tossing up between an almost new Aprilia RS125 2 stroke and a brand new CBR 250.
    Anyway, looking forward to getting on the road and hope to meet some riders up here. Love the idea of going on cruises and track days at Hidden Valley.

2. look up sandy in duneedoo - nice guy
    and welcome
  3. I'll keep my eyes open for you.
    Cheers, Jim
  4. G'day again,

I got my L's the other week and now I have some monies to spend.
    The choices for bikes up here is a little slim but I've narrowed my selection down to either a very low km Aprilia RS125, a new or demo CBR250R.
    I've test ridden the Honda and I think it would be hard to go wrong there... But I keep going back to the gorgeous Aprilia. Think I'm going to have to ride it before I just go with the Honda.

Have to say, I'm more excited about buying a bike than I've ever been for any car purchase.
    Pics to follow soon!

5. good luck with your pick and have fun
  6. Ah geez sounds like me and my fascination with the Aprilia. Note that the two bikes you're looking at will ride waaaay differently. If you're considering it, make sure you know what you're getting yourself into.
    And you might love the way it rides (totally awesome IMO!) or it could be too fussy and you'll prefer the smoother power curve of the trusty CBR.
    Could also look at the 90s CBR250RR (among other things. Nice bike though) as a very loosely "middle ground" thing from what you've said.

Congratulations on the learner licence! Interested to see what you end up with. :) Keep us posted!
  7. Thanks for the replies. :)

Spent the evening at the local dealers and have settled on the CBR!
    Very excited to be picking it up tomorrow!!!!
    I decided on a black non ABS model.

8. thats great
    CBR are nice bikes
    I think you will be happy
  9. Picked up my bike tonight!
    Have done 50 kms already. Absolutely loving the bike. Very, easy to ride but still feels nice and sporty. I'm in love.
  10. thats a nice bike - have fun
  11. Hmmmm the new CBR is growing on me...ish. Black one looks good. Just change the fugly exhaust and we're all good. :)
  12. Yeah I have to agree, the exhaust is ugly although I'm starting to get used to it.
    I'm reluctant to pop a nice exhaust on it as I am worried about keeping the bike legal with the LAMS laws.
    I reckon I'm happy to ride the bike as it is for the next couple of years or so and then when I upgrade to a bigger bike I can do what ever I want to it!