Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Hi from Darwin

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' at netrider.net.au started by Zidago, Feb 29, 2012.

1. Hey everyone, I'm a new rider here in Darwin. Currently on my L's while riding around on a Aprilia Leonardo 150 scooter. Have been riding dirtbikes as a kid so the transition to roads was fairly easy.

I am currently in negotiations with a local motorcycle dealership to purchase a Suzuki Intruder VL250. I'm not really looking for much in a bike, just something to commute to work with for a few years and have a nice ride around on occaision.

Then I intend to sell and buy something a bit higher up on the horsepower scale. Maybe an MT-01, maybe a sport bike with more torque than sense, I don't know.

Oh, does anyone know what the test entails for getting my P's? The METAL course was simple, but I always like to know and be prepared for what is in store.

2. Welcome to NR Zidago each state has different regulations, have a check on local RTA site?

3. Welcome to NR. (y)

4. Thanks guys.

Unfortunately, the local website only lists what the results of perforing the Intermediate Riding Course, which is a R(r) license. What do you usually do to in the course itself for your state?