Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Hi from Brisbane

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by mendosi, Jan 6, 2012.

1. I've been posting on NR for a little while, but never introduced myself. (At the time that I joined I was looking for specific parking info for Brisbane CBD fringe.)

I'm a local of Brisbane, been riding for 5 years, initially on scooters but now I upgraded to a CBR-125R since my commute involves motorways.

Thinking of getting a full licence this year because although I love my bike I'm currently very restricted with rental bikes (which I might want for an out-of-town trip).

Copped a bit of abuse this morning from a car driver because I had the temerity to be in the right-hand lane while ... overtaking a truck ... and apparrently I wasn't going enough over the speed limit for this fella. My wish that there would be a speed trap just around the corner was not fulfilled.
  2. Hi again. ;)

What colour's the 125? I'm gonna keep an eye out seeing as you're nearby. Will probably look like an idiot waving to every bloody one I come across but that's nothing new for me. :p Was looking at the same bike myself but ended up with a YZF-R15.

I'm sure you're already aware but be careful splitting on Centenary in peak hour; too many times had masses of bikes fly past me in my cage only to crawl past them allll pulled over ten minutes later around a bend (have you ever been one of these unfortunate?).
  3. This colour:

Red White & Blue 2009 CBR 125R

Yes, I have been - I was caught in the last batch before school holidays made all the traffic go away. $140
  4. Hi there mendosi - not sure if I greeted you before, but just in case - Hello and welcome.

There are untold millions of netriders in Syd & Melb, so a few more in Brisvegas has to be a good thing.